What a great name to describe a BMX bike for kids, as origin literally translates to the place where something begins!
The Academy Origin 12 inch is the perfect bike for a very young rider who is transitioning from a balance bike to a pedal bike.
Short cranks and a low stand over height make it perfect for someone small.
The best thing about the Academy Origin 12" is the lack of coaster brake. This means it's not confusing for a young rider to learn to pedal as they only have to focus on turning the cranks one way, while braking comes from a suitably sized hand brake.
The Academy Origin 12" BMX bike comes with training wheels to make the step to a pedal bike even easier.
- Frame: Academy Origin 12″, Hi-Ten material, USA BB, external headset
- Frame geometry: 12.0”TT / 9.7” rear / 75.0º HA / 71º ST
- Forks: Academy Origin 12″, Hi-Ten tapered legs
- Handlebars: Academy 5.0″ x 20″ wide, Hi-Ten
- Grips: Academy
- Headset: 1-1/8″ External
- Stem: Academy Pro Alloy Top Load
- Brakes (rear): V-Brake style
- Brake lever: Alloy
- Cables: Slick
- Sprocket: Academy 25T
- Crankset: Academy 1-pc CRMO, 92mm length
- Bottom Bracket: USA loose ball
- Chain: KMC
- Pedals: Academy Plastic
- Rims: Alloy Single Wall 36h
- Tires: 12-1/2" x 2.25″
- Front Hub: Academy 10mm axle, 36 hole, loose ball
- Rear Hub: Academy XF Falcon Free Coaster, 36 hole, 10mm axle, 9t Driver caged bearings
- Seat: Academy Railed
- Seatpost: Steel
- Weight: 10.5 kg
- Extras: Comes with training wheels (not installed)