Merritt addresses and fixes the common issue freecoasters have, which is driver bearings blowing out, by creating their own Diamond Driver, which replaces the small driver bearings with polymer bushings. A dialled freecoaster with max slack straight out of the box.
- Super slim 6061 CNC Alloy hub shell
- Hollow chromoly axle
- The hub comes set with maximum slack (we recommend running it like this) but adjustment washers are included to reduce slack if desired
- Available in RHD and LHD
- Lifetime warranty 9t diamond driver
- Any adjustments to the hub should be done by a professional
- A cone wrench MUST be used to disassemble/reassemble the hub. Damaged caused by you not knowing what you’re doing isn’t covered by warranty.
To reinstall the driver and hardware properly:
Make sure the driver is fully inserted into the hub and clutch is disengaged from hub. Hand tighten the inner cone-nut until it contacts the driver bushing, then loosen 1/4 turn. While holding the inner cone-nut in position (21mm cone wrench), tighten the locking cone-nut against it. If you have a torque wrench, tighten to 20 lb-ft.