Merritt Final Drive Freecoaster
Merritt addresses and fixes the common issue freecoasters have, which is driver bearings blowing out, by creating their own Diamond Driver, which replaces the small driver bearings with polymer bushings. A dialled freecoaster with max slack straight out of the box.
- Super slim 6061 CNC Alloy hub shell
- Hollow chromoly axle
- The hub comes set with maximum slack (we recommend running it like this) but adjustment washers are included to reduce slack if desired
- Available in RHD and LHD
- Lifetime warranty 9t diamond driver
- Any adjustments to the hub should be done by a professional
- A cone wrench MUST be used to disassemble/reassemble the hub. Damaged caused by you not knowing what you’re doing isn’t covered by warranty.
To reinstall the driver and hardware properly:
Make sure the driver is fully inserted into the hub and clutch is disengaged from hub. Hand tighten the inner cone-nut until it contacts the driver bushing, then loosen 1/4 turn. While holding the inner cone-nut in position (21mm cone wrench), tighten the locking cone-nut against it. If you have a torque wrench, tighten to 20 lb-ft.