The Profile ZCoaster hub is potentially the most high-tech & most user friendly 'freecoaster' hub out there. The ZCoaster essentially works as a spring/pawl cassette hub that can be disengaged into a freecoaster with varying slack options.
Pre-installed with 60° slack ring (see video below for example).
- The ZCoaster™'s Pawl is "Z" shaped to allow for engagement/disengagement by the center Slack-Cam Ring
- The ZCoaster™'s pawls and ratchet ring have a proprietary coating that offer smooth engagement
- There are 48 points of engagement: all pawls engage simultaneously
- Adjustable slack available with different Slack-Cam Rings
- The ZCoaster™ has an outer driver support bearing for the over-sized driver mechanism. This bearing supports the driver from the outside.
- Made in the USA
- Weight (14mm male axle): 585g
Please Note: The ZCoaster™'s freecoaster mechanism can only work if the jam nuts are fully tightened for optimum compression.